Volunteer Orientation and Trainings
SAAF provides various trainings to better prepare volunteers in serving clients and the community. Some volunteer positions require specific trainings that must be completed prior to volunteer placement.
Orientation gives a prospective volunteer the opportunity to learn what we do as an organization. Potential volunteers receive basic HIV/AIDS information, as well as information about trainings and volunteer opportunities available throughout the agency. Special emphasis is placed on the agency’s confidentiality policy, which all volunteers are required to abide by.
• Saturday, September 4, 2021 | 10:00 am–1:00 pm
• Tuesday, October 12, 2021 | 5:30 pm–8:30 pm
• Tuesday, November 9, 2021 | 5:30 pm–8:30 pm
• Saturday, December 11, 2021 | 10:00 am–1:00 pm
• Tuesday, January 4, 2022 | 5:30 pm–8:30 pm
• Tuesday, February 8, 2022 | 5:30 pm–8:30 pm
• Saturday, March 5, 2022 | 10:00 am–1:00 pm
Below are comments from individuals who recently attended SAAF’s Volunteer Orientation training:
“You helped me understand my HIV better – thank you.”
“Delicate subject presented very well.”
“Trainers were both very knowledgeable and engaging. Thanks!”
“Trainers were very nice and excited about the program; they made everyone feel comfortable.”
“I really got a lot of helpful info about HIV. Loved it.”
HIV, LGBTQ+ individuals, and communities marginalized by society.