Volunteer Orientation and Trainings
SAAF provides various trainings to better prepare volunteers in serving clients and the community. Some volunteer positions require specific trainings that must be completed prior to volunteer placement.
Orientation gives a prospective volunteer the opportunity to learn what we do as an organization. Potential volunteers receive basic HIV/AIDS information, as well as information about trainings and volunteer opportunities available throughout the agency. Special emphasis is placed on the agency’s confidentiality policy, which all volunteers are required to abide by.
· Thursday, June 17th 6-8:30pm
· Saturday, July 1st 10-12:30pm
· Thursday, July 15th 6-8:30pm
· Saturday, August 7th 10-12:30pm
· Thursday, August 19th 6-8:30pm
· Saturday, September 4th 10-12:30pm
· Thursday, September 16th 6-8:30pm
· Saturday, October 2nd 10-12:30pm
· Thursday, October 21st 6-8:30pm
· Saturday, November 6th 10-12:30pm
· Thursday, November 18th 6-8:30pm
· Saturday, December 4th 10-12:30pm
· Thursday, December 16th 6-8:30PM
Below are comments from individuals who recently attended SAAF’s Volunteer Orientation training:
“You helped me understand my HIV better – thank you.”
“Delicate subject presented very well.”
“Trainers were both very knowledgeable and engaging. Thanks!”
“Trainers were very nice and excited about the program; they made everyone feel comfortable.”
“I really got a lot of helpful info about HIV. Loved it.”
HIV, LGBTQ+ individuals, and communities marginalized by society.